To effectuate a proper donation of gametic materials, consent from the Egg or Sperm Donor is essential. The Donation Contract will clearly state the parties’ voluntary intentions to enter the donation arrangement as well as accompanying rights and responsibilities.
If our office represents the Intended Parents, the following will happen:
1. You will receive a retainer agreement for review with explanations of our office’s services and fees. If you approve, please sign and send it back to our office along with payment of fees through a selected method of payment.
2. We will also request certain information from you to help us prepare the Donation Contract.
3. Once the Donation Contract is prepared, we will schedule a time with you to review the initial draft. After the initial draft is approved by you, we will send it to the Donor’s attorney for his/her review with the Donor.
4. We will then circulate the final version of the Donation Contract for signatures. Once both parties have signed the Donation Contract, we will issue legal clearance to the IVF Clinic signifying that both parties are legally cleared to proceed with further medical procedures.
If our office represents the Egg or Sperm Donor, the following will happen:
1. Once we have received the initial draft of the Donation Contract from the Intended Parents’ attorney, we will reach out to you to schedule a review.
2. Once you have approved the Donation Contract. We will request the final version from the Intended Parents’ attorney for your signature. After you have signed the Donation Contract, we will issue legal clearance to the Intended Parents’ attorney. In turn, the Intended Parents’ attorney will issue legal clearance to the IVF Clinic signifying that both parties are legally cleared to proceed with further medical procedures.
We charge a flat fee for preparing a Donation Contract and negotiating on your behalf. Please contact our office for our standard fee schedules.
Note: The Intended Parents are responsible for paying the Donor’s legal fees.
The total time required for a final Donation Contract from preparation to issuing legal clearance varies, but it normally ranges from 5 days to 2 weeks. Unlike a surrogacy arrangement, a donation arrangement often moves quick. Our office will accommodate your schedule to ensure a smooth and efficient process.